Thursday 17 December 2009

Singapore----------Day 3

I woke up, still dazed, to find out it was already 8.30am. It was Sunday, and my uncle and aunt still didn't need to go working. They were both free, and decided to bring us around, again. But this time, we had one more company. She is my eldest cousin. She is 26 this year, and currently a permanent resident in Singapore, working as a pharmacist. We gave her a warm welcoming and she followed us to wherever we went.

My uncle brought my mother to buy bus tickets. We decided to come back on Tuesday night, so my uncle brought my mother to Boon Lay shopping complex to buy the ticket. After that, my uncle brought us to a shopping complex to buy books. Books there were relatively cheap. I bought two. Yep!

Then he brought us to Dhoby Ghaut because we were going to Sentosa Island. My cousin, Shu Ning, decided to follow upon a whim. We welcomed her. It was late. We reached Sentosa station around 1.00pm.

You can buy ticket or just use EZ-link card to pay.

Taking this picture in the monerail.

Sentosa Island, Beach Station

Every person is forced to line up before boarding the bus, even if they are unwilling to do so.

I wish so badly that I can take a picture with a python, but the price is $5 for one........

$22.50 per entry. Exorbitantly expensive.



Octopus

Sotong

Huge...........

The jellyfish is almost invisible.

Too many people were in the underwater world, hence, the room became stuffy.



Stingray's face
The Underwater world is not big. So small that we finished walking in about 30 minutes. It cost $22.50 per entry. It was so expensive!! I will never visit it again. After that, we watched a performance gracefully performed by seals. We waited for an hour, and the performance was less than 20 minutes. What a waste of time!
Trainer feeding the seals.

Seals waved towards the guests.

Seal playing with its trainer.

A seal standing...so cute.

The tourists from India came with hands full of foods and left with seats full with rubbish. India's disgrace.

Do you know tap water in Singapore can be drunk? It is safe. Many people have drunk it, so did I. In fact, tap water was my source of water for a few days. The fact that tap water can be drunk is confirmed by locals.

We left the Underwater World around 5.00pm. We still had time before Songs of the Sea performed. So, we strolled around the island. I was so eager to have the skyride. But the price was.......expensive. We walked, and walked, and we reached the Sentosa's Merlion.

Each person has to pay $8 to enter the Merlion. We were flabbergasted. Nonetheless, we just had a look at the outside.

This picture was taken after we left Sentosa. It was found outside Sentosa Station.

After visiting the Merlion, we went back to where we began and waited for the Songs of the Seas to be performed. The entry price was still expensive, $10 per entry....haiz....The performance was great, the seats were fully occupied. This show was performed with water, and fulled with cartoon characters. Frankly, the show was quite mesmerising. I enjoyed the scenes more than the songs. I couldn't take video. Sorry.

Let the show begins......




I should have taken the climax. The best part, in my opinion, was the part where fire was pushed out from the underground. I was sitting at the back, but I could feel the heat. So great!
After the show, it was late, and we boarded the MRT from Dhoby Ghaut to Bishan...or Yishun, I can't remember, to visit my another uncle. After we alighted the MRT, we took a cap and reached his house. My first uncle wasn't in, but my aunt was. I called her first aunt, to avoid confusion. My cousin, Bryan, was there too. They chatted for a few minutes, and then we headed back home to kip.

No comments:

Post a Comment