Thursday 24 December 2009

Conversation

My fourth day in Singapore is posted below "PMR result", please take note.

As I said, the conversation I heard between my mother and aunty Sharron.

1. While aunty Sharron was in China, she finds herself difficult to accustomed to the surrounding. China is a mountainous area and you have to be physically strong to stay there. And she experienced something that she couldn't believe it herself. She actually went to a doorless toilet. The toilet do not have doors and people just have to squat there and pee or poo. She said it was unbelievably true and they could chat on the phone like no one is watching. Oh my god....

2. Aunty Sharron actually praised me that I am fluent in bilingual. She said she hopes her children could be fluent in bilingual too, and especially their chinese. Aunty Sharron hopes that her children are able to master Chinese.

Aunty Sharron's benevolence is much appreciated by me. She bought us something cost more than $20. Thank you for the meal.




On the MRT, conversation between me and cousin Bryan.

1. Singapore O-Level, which is said to be equivalent to SPM, only have 7 subjects, while SPM have a minimum of 10. I was thunderstruck. 7 subjects?? And with their Chinese having a much lower standard compared to Malaysia?? It will be a cinch, and his O-level would have gone swimmingly. He was too puzzled. Especially when he knew that a Malaysian have to learn 3 languages, which he claimed himself that he can't even master two. No means to patronise you, but, shouldn't you have done better in Chinese? At least you have two languages to learn and we have three.

2. Singapore's history lessons study about the world wars, while Malaysia's history lessons study about Islam. One thing he doesn't know is I always dozed off while reading history textbook.

3. Experiments are part of O-level. Teachers from other school will be sent to a particular school to monitor their experiments and give ratings. However, in Malaysia, PEKA are utterly useless.

4. He wished that I will go more to Singapore, or study there. I wish I can, but I might not be able to be there again. I will if I can, I promise you.




There were more, but I'm not going to post more.

By the way, do you know Singapore's Malay standard is unbelievably low? In the MRT, there are signboards. Each signboards are multilingually written, including Malay. And do you know, one simple Malay sentence, not more than 15 words, contain 2 errors? If you have a chance to visit Singapore, go have a look yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment