Wednesday 16 December 2009

Singapore----------Day 1

Singapore, a small island country at the south of Malaysia. I have been wanting to get out of Malaysia for years, finally I have a chance. I wouldn't miss it, although I'm not really looking forward to it.

Anyway, I wouldn't drone on things like this. I will regale all of you with my stories in Singapore, albeit a boring one. Me and my mother went to Singapore on Thursday night, December 10, 2009.

At first, we felt our presence on the bus incongruous as we were the only chinese. As the bus made a few more stops, the ratio of the three races was no longer lopsided. I wasn't enjoying the bus much. I had intermittent wake-ups, which really irritated me. I couldn't sleep well and hence, I was tired on Friday.

Nevertheless, we reached the immigration point. It was a new experience to me, which I will never forget it. Once we reached Singapore, we took a bus to a MRT station, and rode our way to Yew Thee station, where my uncle has been living since he lives in Singapore. It was great because we would have saved a lot of money from staying in hotel.

Most Singaporean have an EZ-link card to use MRT. My mother bought two, and I have one too.
After arriving my uncle's house, we were greeted by my cousins. My uncle and aunt were not at home at the moment. We were tired, therefore we rested for a moment before we wandered our way to Yew Thee station to go to Singapore Zoo. To go to Singapore Zoo, we boarded the MRT from Yew Thee to Choa Chu Kang, and then took a bus to Singapore Zoo, directly. Singapore's transport is so conveniant. MRT connects every part of the country. The buses arrived in every few minutes and the buses are all very punctual. You wouldn't get lost in Singapore.


The largest zoo in the Southeast Asia

Tickets weren't cheap. $18 for an adult.

I have taken some photos. I'm not photographer, and I don't enjoy being photographed. So forgive me that I'm not in the pictures. But you wouldn't want my hideous looking face in the pictures. Sorry for the bad quality.







Remember what happened here? A man was bitten alive here by three tigers. It happened last year.


The scenery were way too beautiful. Have a look.















Then we watched two live performance, with animals of course. Those animals were adorable. I didn't take it. Sorry. Watch it for yourself if you want. Singapore Zoo was choked full with people, a lot of foreigners too. There were many languages I heard, and I couldn't point out what language. Then, after one tiring afternoon, we boarded the bus from Zoo to Ang Mo Kio's MRT. From the MRT we went straight to Orchard. Orchard Road is the place where the later you go, the better it is. The night scene was just so beautiful that I watched with my mouth agaped. However, we were dog-tired, we didn't stay in Orchard for long. And we had gone only a small part of Orchard. The road was too long for us to walk. Maybe we could if we were not tired, but we were dead beat. Anyway, I managed to take a few pictures. Please remember that the pictures I took is only from a small part of Orchard. If you ambled along the lane, you would see more.
Again, sorry for the bad quality.









I should have taken more pictures. I regret now. But, regretting is useless now. Orchard Road was lined with Shopping Complex and fulled with extravaganza. We didn't have that much money to be spent. We reached home, and my mother had a chat with her brother, who is my uncle. I then had a bath and hit the sack early. Sleeping is the last thing I did upon the first day in Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment