Thursday 3 December 2009

Penang

This morning my mother went to Gleneagles Medical Centre in Penang. Since she was going to consult a doctor, and I needed to have my braces tightened, we accompanied her. By "we" I mean me and my father.

It was early, and yet there were so many patients waiting there. The hospital lobby was tastefully decorated, with a lot of knick-knacks and colourful bulbs. The first thing that crossed my mind was: I had just reached a five star hotel! Anyway, the workers there were hospitable, they gave us a warm welcoming with broad smiles, although not many would appreciate it.

I wandered around the hospital to explore. A few exceptionally weird patients were sitting in the waiting room with a grim sense of foreboding. I don't blame them. Hospital is not a place to be happy with, not unless you want to die. The others were looking normal, probably just waiting for medical check-up. Anyway, nothing serious bothered my mum, so nothing unhappy happened.
After that, we went to Gurney Plaza, since the hospital was located so near with it. It was early, no crowds were there yet when we arrived there. We just walked for a few hours and then left because nothing interesting had caught our attention. The only special thing I realised was the races in Gurney Plaza. About 80% was Chinese, 6% was Indian, 10% was foreigners and 4% were Malay. It's Malaysia, and Malay was the race I saw the least. Penang.....

Anyway, in conjunction with Christmas, Gurney Plaza had been decorated with a lot of christmas trees and a lot of christmas songs had been played. Well, then we had lunch at Chicken Rice Shop, and something happened there. I ordered a set of chicken rice, and, the waiter there had accidentally sent the wrong meal for me. I didn't realise that because I thought it was what I ordered, until he served another bowl of curry chicken. The waitress there insisted to take back, although I had eaten it . Luckily I had just eaten a little. As you might have suspected, my father wasn't very happy, and he complained the foods were awful. Haiz....he always like to spoil our mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment