Wednesday 16 December 2009

Singapore----------Day 2

After a wonderful, uninterrupted 8 hours sleep, I woke up reluctantly and joined my mother to have breakfast. That day was Saturday. Both my uncle and aunt did not need to go to work. Therefore, my uncle brought us breakfast. Singapore's foods come in big packets. One packet of food in Singapore is double the size of package food in Malaysia. Trust me. Think before you order two packets.

After breakfast, my uncle brought us around Singapore, in his car.

There are something I learnt in Singapore, and I want to share it:

1. Although Singapore's official language is English, and most people think Singaporean have good english, they are wrong. The younger generation do have good english, but the older generation prefer to use Singlish. However, my uncle said he despises his children (my cousins) to use english as their first language. Despite their will to communicate in english, my uncle still wants them to speak in chinese.

2. Many parents from Johor decide to bring their children to Singapore for study. My aunt strongly disapproves this action. She told us that Johor students, who go to Singapore for study, need to wake up 4am in the morning to go to the immigration station, to avoid traffic congestion. And they will only reach their home at around 9pm. It is burdening! Those parents are so inconsiderate. Have you ever thought what you children want?

3. Malaysia's education is much difficult than Singapore, because Singapore have only needed to study 2 languages, and their chinese education is lower than Malaysia. Even my uncle says Malaysia's chinese education is extremely high. But I think to the contrary, I will explain later, when I post about my trip in Toa Payoh.

4. Singapore's driver are very patient. I have been living in Singapore for 4 days, and I haven't heard a single honk. The drivers can wait patiently for the pedestrian to cross the road without honking. So good!

I believe I have learnt more, I couldn't remember now. I will try and post later.

My uncle then brought us to Science Centre, where we watched a lot of interesting science stuff and scientific trickery. The price is cheap, only $6. My aunt and cousins then joined us. Anyway, here are the pictures:

Again, sorry for the bad quality.





This is where my uncle slept for one hour and me and my mother took a nap.






I did not take much photos, because the science centre was dark and my camera couldn't take it. We stayed in the science centre for about 4 hours and then we left. It was late, around 7pm. We decided not to go anywhere. My uncle and aunt then brought us package food again. This time, a larger packet of food. God, I was famished and finished the whole packet.
After dinner, my mother then chat with my aunt, and I borrowed Eclipse from my cousins and finished the book there. After finishing the book, I went to sleep and without any interruption, it was Sunday already.

No comments:

Post a Comment