Friday 6 November 2009

Library

School was having graduation ceremony this morning. Therefore, every form 3, form 4 and lower 6 students were not needed in school and had a day off.

Once again, to my chagrin, I woke up 8.15am. I didn't want to get up, therefore, I continued to lie on the bed until I couldn't bear it anymore and eventually got off the bed at 8.45am reluctantly. My time was accurate, I watched the clock ticked for 30 minutes before I eventually gave up trying to sleep.

I sat in front of the computer two hours this morning, watching television drama on tudou.com. My eyes were swollen with tiredness. But I couldn't do anything. I can't play badminton on Sunday because of whatever that is ongoing there and I couldn't leave the house because my parents forbid me to leave if they were not at home. They even wrote a warning letter!

Eventually I came out with the idea of going to the public library in Seberang Perai. I remember vividly how it looked, although I couldn't remember when was the last time I stepped my foot there. My mother, who just came back from work, brought me there without complain. Thank you. I appreciated your kindness. Ok, I didn't know what. Maybe I wasn't good in finding books, maybe I didn't explore the entire building, but what I found was the library was seriously running out of books. Almost all of the books there were old and musty and yellowish. And it was unbelievably lack of books. There were only 3 shelves of english fiction I could find. 3 shelves??

I had trouble finding a good book to borrow. I just took Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and eventually fled from the poor library with my mother. I don't think I would go back there again.

"Killer" by Giddens is actually a page-turner. My interest were actually aroused when I read it.

Finally I finished the series "Crime Buster x2". Yeepie! Not a bad series.

Oh, and I chanced on Joshua Ang's website through a blog. If you're curious about his blog: http://www.nutzhen.com/

Oh, and my friend Chee Yee can't play badminton tomorrow due to family schedule. Wahaha. I feel like I'm gloating. Sorry. Whatever the problem is, we can play another day, right?

Joo Phin had uploaded her blog and she regale us with the stories of her trip to Thailand. Frankly, I envied her for having a trip. My father is not a travel person. He doesn't like to travel. Even if he does, only in Malaysia. It's good to have a chance to see how is other country look like. Thanks for the updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment