Sunday 15 November 2009

A Charity Bazaar

A bazaar had been held on in SJK(c) Peng Bin, my primary school. My mother insisted me to go with her to lend a hand to a teacher who was selling vegetables and fruits. I didn't complain. I just followed dutifully.

We woke up 6.45am and took a ride with the teacher to go to school. We started to work immediately. When I went to the storeroom to take out the vegetables, I was flabbergasted. I looked down at the vegetables. This much?? How "much" vegetables are there to be sold? I swore inwardly, if they managed to finish selling them, I'm not a boy. Don't try to think whether I won or they won. Let this question be rhetorical for this moment.

Don't leave...I'm still telling a story.....

At 8.00am, the bazaar started officially. I was no expert. I had no idea how to sell vegetables. I'm not a aunty selling in market. I obediently stood there and watched them working. The hustle and bustle of the bazaar was pictured by the crowd. Then, I spot my friends. I snuck out to look for them. I began to chat with them. And also, I ran into many of my primary school friend. Some of them had grown so much that I couldn't recognise them anymore. I was elated. I began to chat nonstop. It was great to recall the memories we had in primary school, albeit there was not much to be told.

Then, I looked at my watch. 10.45am. I felt I should go back to the stall and lent some hand. But my mother said she didn't need help yet. Most people would buy vegetables right before they left. So they waited. Since I wasn't needed, I left and join the party back.

Magic performance in the school hall was somehow lame. It was probably because I had seen the same performance for an umpteen times. My friend, Chee Yee, bought me a bowl of ABC. I really appreciated it. Thank you. But would you please don't bring me into the hall, where the air-conditioner was on to enjoy the tastiness of ABC? It was freezing...

I then chat with my friends before they left, and then I went back to the stall and continue working. At around 1.55pm, where the bazaar was almost ended, we began to sweat bullets. What should we do to the leftover vegetables?

You know the answer now, I'm still a boy. (^_^)

There were a pile of vegetables lying on the tables. We couldn't do anything. We took them back. But yet there were still a lot of vegetables. They decided to just give them to the canteen's worker to save their trouble from going to the market. Then we left, and the bazaar ended. Shameful to be said that our stall was the last to leave.

During the bazaar, I realised how cunning are the aunties and uncles at the market (I am indirectly being sarcastic to my mother). When they realised the outer layer of the veges were rotten, they peeled it off and continue to sell it. But I knew the inner part might also have rotten. Cunning is the word I describe them.

As I mentioned earlier, I don't possess a handphone, so I can't snap the beautiful pictures of the scene. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment