Sunday 8 November 2009

Grandmother

As I mentioned earlier, I couldn't play badminton today because of whatever that was set to be ongoing in this afternoon. My plan for afternoon had been ruined and therefore I had to rearrange them. "Rearrange" seemed to be a word that kept me busy from anything else. But, alas, I was wrong. I couldn't think out what to do.

My mother had asked me to go to my grandmother's house in Penang for a cleaning. I refused initially. But...I was seriously bored. Therefore, just a few minutes before they departed, I followed on a whim.

My grandmother was a great person. I remember her vividly even though she passed away last year. March 2008 to be exact. She was a healthy and friendly person. She was shopping happily with my mother few days prior to her death. Her death was unfair. She was just a normal lady walking at the side of the road when a motorcycle knocked her down and took her away. Life is just like this, you are living happily then, wham, you die. You can never ever anticipate what would happen in the future. Her death had left a painful void to my mother, not to mention my aunts and uncles. I could still remember how unstable her emotion was. Just a little talk about my grandmother could trigger the time bomb in her head and she would start crying. She hid her sadness, but I could read her mind. It was sad, very sad. What happened to my grandmother should not be happened. It was unfair. But what could we do? We can never change the power of the God. It she was destined to be dead, what else can we do?

It has been a year, almost two. My mother seems more cheerish when she talks about my grandmother. I don't really like to dig up the past. Sometimes she would cry inwardly. She thought she can hide the feeling, but eyes never lie. It's quite obvious she is sad.

After dusting, me and my mother went to Tesco. Just for a short while to kill our time, and then went back home. My mother is now cheerish, no more enveloped in the state of sadness. It's a good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment