Saturday 29 May 2010

Queensbay

Friday was Wesak Day. As it was a holiday and I wanted to relax after a few uneventful days, and to bring my sister out for shopping, we went to Queensbay Mall in Penang to shop.

Call it window shopping, as we were just there browsing clothes and books without any intention of buying anything. The price was exorbitant. We couldn't afford them.


So first we had our lunch - Nando's. I quarelled with my father for a moment. He was too stingy to buy two cups of drinks and he thought he was so smart so he ordered one cup of "bottomless Ice Lemon Tea". As it was bottomless, he said we just needed one cup and we shared it. I told him it was a stupid idea because the Nando's couldn't possibly allow this. He thought he was smart and it was a brilliant idea and so he remained adament. I insisted I was right because if I was a worker there I wouldn't allow this. So he kept quiet when the waitress told him we could only refilled the drink twice because we were sharing the cup. The bottomless meant for one cup per person.

So at last I proved that he was wrong.

I enjoyed the ineffable meal. The peri-peri tasted nice and I tried all the spices there. The tomato sauce was good. I didn't try the 'garlic' peri-peri as I despised garlic. I tried both 'hot' and 'extra hot' peri-peri. I preferred extra-hot, but it was not too spicy for me. I tried the black pepper, but it tasted normal, nothing outstanding. I tasted the salt but I tasted no salty.

My father, however, said the food was insipid. He just liked to spoil our mood.

Then we seperated and we did our own shopping. My father went to indulge himself in his own fantasy about his own chimerical houses that he knew he couldn't buy while my mother and sister went to look at girl stuffs which they had no intention to buy because they only enjoyed window shopping.

So I went to Popular to look for the newest version of True Singapore Ghost Stories. I learnt that the newest version, book 20, had been released and I wanted to buy it because I was an avid fan of the book. The book never failed to bored me. I couldn't find the book in Popular, so I went to Borders instead. At first I couldn't find the book anywhere but then I chanced on a chinese book. Since I had about two hours more, I decided to finish the book there.

.

And I did. Surprisingly. And I endeavoured not to buy the Starbuck Coffee there because I would be overdose with caffein. But the coffee was luring so I sat far away from the coffee shop.

.

So after finishing the book and almost frozen to death (the air-conditioner was freezing there), I searched the entire bookstore, high and low, for any trace of Singapore-produced storybook. I couldn't find it after I walked a few rounds. I nearly sought help from the people there until my eyes locked on the books on the bookshelves. Only about 6 books of the newest version left, so I immediately grabbed one and paid for it.

.

After exiting Borders my entire body thawed. We went shopping around again and then we finally left the building on 3.30pm.


Alright, time to bestir myself. Gaities are after my mid-year exam, so I better gird up my loins to revise now for the coming exam. Next papers: Malay paper 1 and 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment