Monday 10 May 2010

Grandma, part 1

I received that terrible news Wednesday afternoon. Immediately I was sent back home to go to Sitiawan to accompany my grandmother for the very last time.

Doctors had given up hope trying to save her. They said her condition was way too bad and we should be prepared for the worst. I pitied my uncle, it was his birthday.

My grandma's three sons were discussing about how they should deal with their mother, I detached myself from that and went to look for my 7-year-old childish, naive and boisterous cousin. He was so naive, he didn't know what happened and he could still enjoy the day and play around happily.

Nothing much happened on Wednesday afternoon. All of us were staying at her bedside, trying to accompany her. She was suffering very badly. I guess her internal organs had been damaged severely. It pained look at her.

That was the first day. I was wiped out so I hit the sack early.

Second day, my father decided to buy a pair of new shoes so that my grandmother can wear it while she was laid into the coffin. Only few minutes after we left, she died. She died just minutes we left.

But after all, we knew why she was so persistent to stay in this world until the second day. She was waiting for someone, someone she wanted to meet very badly, someone who meant something to her, and that was my brother's sister, who had gone astray many years ago. Surprisingly she turned up and visited my grandmother for the last time.

She was adopted. She granted my grandmother's last wish. Few hours after she visited my grandmother, my grandmother passed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment