Wednesday 26 May 2010

Mid Year Exam, Day 3

The first paper for the day: the terrifying Additional Mathematics.

While most of us were mentally prepared for the paper, we were still nervous. Try to imagine what will happen to you if thousands of butterflies were flying in your stomach.

So I was quite prepared for Add.Maths. I never said I had a flair on Maths, but I did enough exercise for me to sit for the test. Around 7.45am the paper started.

They were 18 questions. The moment I saw the first page, my head were spinning and I almost puke. The equations were so complicated. I thought I had enough time to finish the paper so I did all the questions slowly and carefully. When I had solved until the third question I realised I had spent 30 minutes on the first three questions!

WTF!!

Anyway after that I began to rush, so I was sure I had made many mistakes. I don't know what mistakes I had done, but I always made mistakes.

After the paper many people were complaining how hard the paper was. Me too. I remembered question 9 very clearly. I couldn't get the answer by steps but I got the answer from the calculator by luck. I just pressed a number '5' and substitue it into the 'n' inside the equation, and turned out 5 is the correct answer!

Luck was on my side! hahaha~~

But then I couldn't show the answer. I did the question 6 times and I got six answers...(=='''). Eventually I gave up and just wrote 'n=5' on the paper. At least I got one mark. ^^


Second paper on the day: Chemistry. I was quite sanguine about the paper because I had done enough preparation. So the paper for me was only moderate. Not too difficult because I could solve many of the questions, but not too easy because I couldn't answer the last part of the question (only the labelled diagram part) and the question about inert gases. Others than that I guess I was fine.

But please, don't fail! Rumours said form 4 students would never know what mistakes they did, because most of them seemed to be correct.

All the papers today involved calculation, but I bet that are still people who didn't bring calculator to school. haha!
By the way, tell me if my blog is still dull. Thanks. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment