Thursday 25 November 2010

Primary School Reunion

21 November 2010

6.00pm

I was the first one to arrive the destination. I guess I'll always be. The second one was Sim Le. Yiet Hean, Chee Yee, Phui Ling and Hong Chyng came together and they marked the third. It really frustrated me that people now didn't know the word 'punctual'. So did my sister. She nearly went berserk when her friends weren't punctual. She didn't yell at them, but she said they might have known that she wasn't happy because her face was black, very very black.

We all walked to Seoul Garden then. KPL had seven tables booked, and we all sat on one. It was only 6.10pm, and some of us were famished. Decided not to wait for the others, we took our respective plates and went to get our foods. It was my first time there, so being a newbie made me ignorant to anything there. I had my hands off everything and let the pros do the job. Only then I realised the meal was more or less like BBQ, only no charcoal was needed.

Jun Jie was the fourth to reach, and Bing Xin the fifth, and the others began to trickle in later. We were already half way through our meal, and I was indulging myself in the meat. They tasted great. Really. Although some were severely charred. And for the first time in my life, I tasted mutton.

7.00pm

I was sure we were hated by all customers in the shop because we were making noises there. The restaurant was in complete chaos - thanks to us - and we were chortling and yelling and frolicking around. And after Chee Yee's hat was taken away he became the source of merriment. (But seriously, your hair wasn't ugly. It looked different, but not abysmal.)

Everybody was looking dapper. I was wearing simple. I had a purple shirt (a new one, and the shirt was shockingly small) and a pants. I looked a little unkempt actually. The others were wearing sparkling t-shirts, jeans, and fabulous attires. Some people were taking photos. They snapped here and there. An unexpected guest arrived. And bla bla bla we continued eating. I enjoyed the prawns and the meat, but then I realised my diet was unbalanced so I took some vegetables too.

8.00-10.00pm

Most of the guest had arrived. Even our primary school's teacher had arrived. It's good to see her still fit. She ate only a little, but she did look happy. I needed to pay RM38 for the meal, so I decided to eat until I was certain no more foods could be shoved down. So I ate (and no, I do not have binge eating disorder) more and more until I finally gave up. I took a walk with Yun Hong and while strolling along the street, we had a chat.

The conversation wasn't pertinent to what I'm going to write. So I omit it here. After we went back to Seoul Garden I took another scoop of ice-cream. The ice-cream tasted awesome. Not as good as Baskin Robbins, but it definitely beat RM6 ice-cream in Kimfar. Not many choices of drinks were given there, so I randomly chose some. Thanks to my arbitrariness I realised the drinks there sucked. No wonder not many people drank.

After taking a photograph, my mother came and picked me up. Yen Jeek actually said hi to my mother (she was his teacher) but Wooi Ying avoided my mother. After the hearty meal, I went home with satisfaction and a bloated stomach. And I was wondering how my mother would react when I told her the price of my dinner because our money was a little tight at the moment.

Most of my friends had changed. Both in appearance and character. Some of their voices had changed owing to puberty. Most of them looked mature, although frighteningly emaciated (for instance, Chin Kaie). But still, I enjoyed this gathering a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment