Sunday 18 July 2010

Visit

First I would like to clarify something. Initially I was not intending to visit NLL, that's why I told Jacky that I was not going. But then later my father told me he was going to Penang (a spontaneous decision) so on a whim, I went to visit NLL.

My mother and I arrived at Penang General Hospital and we searched for Blok C, as for my father he waited in the car. Because we didn't want to wait for the lift, we took the stairs. And I regretted taking the stairs because I was drenched in my own perspiration after that.

I found the ward where NLL is, and saw her, her husband and her mother there. My mother went to chat with her mother while I tried to talk to NLL. She could talk, but not articulate, and her voice was too soft we could barely hear what she said.

She couldn't recognise me, which was what I had anticipated because she had lost her memory. From her eyes I knew she didn't know who I was, and she tried to talk. She was extremely weak, but her husband encouraged me to talk to her more often because she needs to talk more.

Then later the person who gave me all the inside information showed up. She was a cheerful person, optimistic and wasn't the type I was expecting. As for NLL she could smile, she beamed happily when her cousin joked.


Random picture


She tried to tell me something, but then I could not catch what she tried to tell me. I could understand the first half of the sentence, but the second half was blurry, and none of us could hear what she said. We later gave up by changing subject (to avoid awkwardness).

As it was just a short visit, we left few minutes later. Her husband said she would take about one or two months to recover, so I guess she isn't coming back to teach us this year. Hopefully she will make it next year.
As for the rest, I wish she could recover fastly. 5C1 students visited her yesterday and they did a book, all good luck wishes from C1 students and they personally made a bouquet of paper-made flowers. They had a class photo with NLL, but we didn't. So 4S3, what are you planning to do to help teacher remember? We have a week time, don't waste it!



No comments:

Post a Comment