Friday 2 July 2010

Study

Has anyone been burning midnight oil? The idea of doing that has so far never crossed my mind, but I did consider the possibility of me doing that, since I have realised I am now seriously lack of time. Being a busy person does not signify you are an important person in co-curricular activities, but it does cause your exam results to plummet and bring you crawling from the bottom of the hill, and the obstacles on the way are the hell painful to be overcome. To triumph, determination is your key that you can't afford the lose, and once you lose it, you will not only fail to succeed, but you will be lock by chains to the bottom of the hill, forever.

It is incumbent upon every students to excel in studies, and I'm pretty sure many people agree with that point. When I was first told that the second monthly test falls on 12/7, I realised I have not prepared for it, and although I know I need to do well in it, I keep stumbling upon difficulties, obstacles that become the bane of my life. Being the treasurer in the society isn't that easy, especially when a large amount of money is needed to be counted. I have to be careful while calculating, even if the difference is only a princely sum of 10 cents, I would need to recalculate all of them and jot them down in a paper, and make sure the record is given to the teacher with the correct information.

I received the account book earlier this week, and I realised our society has been losing money in the past few years. Money has been going out, but it never goes back. As a treasurer I have to control the money, and I have to make sure we will never lose more money than gain, and it behoves me to think out an idea on how to do it. I just simply can't let my society lose more money than now. Being one of the committes of the Caring Week is just another story. Caring Week involves a lot of people, and argument is imminent. Rumours say those who are involved will have their hands full with it, and their result will drop drastically, whether they like it or not. And I certainly do not like it, at all.

Exam is once again around the corner. Has anyone been prepared? Has anyone started going through what all teachers have taught? Have all the teachers finished teaching the topics that are covered in the exam? A simple thing like an exam could be complicated with a lot of thinking. When my Physics teacher tells me she can't finish the topics and tells us to study by our own, my heart sinks deep into my stomach because I was just told that my weakest subject is almost impossible to be saved. If I can waltz through the exam, luck will be the name, not success, not hardwork, and definitely not determination nor just simply brilliance.

My anxiety about the coming exam waxe and wane. It sometimes skyrockets and cause me a nervous breakdown, and sometime falls and the idea of frolicking around and tossing exams away keeps appearing. Everybody knows form 4 is a hard year, not just because we are new to the subjects, we are also suffering from a lot of pain. The pain from co-curricular activities (which I'm not seriously affected), the pain from the tons of homeworks, the pain from the pressure of parents and teachers, the pain from suppresing the surge to vent our stress, and the pain from trying to get flying colours in SPM. Who doesn't want to get all As in SPM? Everybody wants, some just simply don't care about trying to get them.

Determination is the key to success. Even though we have to plough through the books, we have to study and try to get a good result. 90% of students agree with that point, and they know hard works to pay with success. But the problem now surfaces--how to make a student determine to study without causing mental distress and feeling pressured? If the problem doesn't bother you, you are definitely a brilliant person. I'm now facing this problem, and I'm yet to find the answer to solve this problem. I have not been studying for the past few days, I guess I have to get started soon. For now, the problem remains rhetorical to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment