Thursday 15 July 2010

Class Test 2, Day 4

Waking up early in the morning is not what everybody likes, particularly school students who hold a strong hatred towards school. Me as a prime example. Unwillingly I pulled myself away from my warm bed, dragging both my feets down to the stairs to shove down some biscuits and sip a cup of milo and then I walked my way to the bathroom to hit the shower, which subsequently brought me out from the stupor I was in. I wore my school uniform and realising I was late, I clumsily packed my bag and went into the car, trying to ignore the building anger from my mother.

I reached my school and realised my friends were bantering instead of studying. Influenced by them, I tossed my book away and slept for a while, alas, I didn't fall asleep. Not like NKW who seemed to sleep for the whole day. Eventually I brought out my book and began to continue what I didn't complete. As the time elapsed I realised I had been studying too slowly. MSegara distributed our Malay paper and surprisingly, my result was the second highest in the class, just behind CPY. That totally shocked me as 7 of my classmates failed the test. It seemed not attending tuition classes for me was the best way to score high mark in the exam.

After that, tiredness seemed to permeate the air, slowly everybody began to feel lethargic and drop off. Some of them seemed to be holding books, poring over the books trying to dig out some facts or hidden message from the textbook, while some thumbed through and ploughed through the book just to make sure the insecurity of oneself had been overcome. Some were holding the books on their arm, but their eyes were locked on their friends' eyes while they were chatting with their friends, hands moving freely in the air, talking about their idols who performed well on their stage, talking about the shows character facing difficulties while trying to save their girlfriends, talking about what they heard at tuition classes, talking about how difficult the previous days papers were, yelling while seeing a bee flying around the class, gossiping about couples while trying to speculate their future.

Eventually they got bored and the group began to disperse, now they joined a new group, hoping to find a new topic to talk. It seemed they were impervious to the coming paper, and I was sure none of them were intimidated because the coming paper was considered easy. At least compared to SPM.

Later I began to chat with friends as well. I learnt something about scouts from SM. And although I felt they had been too burdened with their activities, I saluted them for being willing to sacrifice. But I am quite sure sometimes they just got bored and wished everything that had been fallen upon them could sometimes go away. As my father is a PK-Koko I knew something they didn't. But of course I still don't know a lot of things. But compared to ordinary students in school, the information I had had been considered ample.

The class continued to be in the chaotic state until 12.30pm, when the paper were about to start. I received the paper and finished it in 10 minutes, and of course I had done so many mistakes and I felt regretful for being so careless. Most of us dozed off within minutes. After the papers were collected everybody began to whoop, celebrating the day the papers ended. But somehow, everytime the tests or exams ended, I stayed in a morose state. This enigmatic trait of mine had been with me for a few years now.

No comments:

Post a Comment