Monday 31 January 2011

BBQ

I'm now at the annoying bastard's house (you know who he is), with the walking fish and the emaciated imp. As for me, metaphorical names are put on hold, for now.
Tonight he's having a BBQ, so now I'm at his house, doings things, or messing things, depending on how you put your words. As what will turn out later tonight, that'll be another story entirely.
Stay put!


=================


Straight to the story.

We made sandwiches around 5.30pm. Ingredients were tuna, onion (badly cut), cucumber (horribly chopped), tomato (terribly misshaped) and, to prank people, wasabi is too added. I wasn't part of their game so I didn't taste wasabi sandwiches, luckily.

People began to trickle in around 6.00pm, around the time which we began to start burning charcoal. Shik Ming was the only scout there, and we threw our hope on him because we thought he was experienced, but turned out he wasn't, so we pitched in and figured the ways to ignite the fire.

And as more of you expected, girls did not spend much time ministering to us. Mind you, they only helped fanning the flame (literal meaning) which most of them fanned to no avail. But anyway, TWS, ZSM, Jacky and I did most of the job. We wasted our energy breaking charcoals apart, we tried hardly trying to ignite the fire, and we trying very hardly, with almost all of our energy, trying to fan the flame in order to burn the charcoal - the most taxing part.

And the flame did burn, after 1 hour and 20 minutes of trying. Ya we are losers.

Actually I had BBQ last year, but my memory was hazy. That's why I couldn't recall how to start the fire. I knew my uncle added something and kept messing with the charcoal. But since we were gung-ho, we tried very hard, albeit displeased, to start the fire without anyone's help. It kept going back to square one, but glad to say we succeeded anyway

While starting the flame, a spark from fire burnt my finger. It was painful, and I took an ice cube to relieve the pain. But it didn't help much. The gnawing pain didn't subside until the next day.

While the girls were otherwise engaged, we started smoking the chickens and sausages, with sausages most favourited. I was the one who bought the sausages. I didn't know what flavour they wanted so I bought all of them - cheese, mushroom, black pepper and garlic. I loved black pepper the most, while others loved cheese more.
ZSM bought some corns and potatoes from pasar malam and they burnt them too. The leftover salmon from the annoying bastard's lunch was wrapped in an aluminium foil and smoked.

The chicken was mouth-watering. It took a long time to smoke them (20 minutes) and it took only 1 minute to shove them down the throat (the annoying bastard is the best example - 30 seconds).

The barbeque went on. The annoying bastard's mother came back later and we had prepared chickens for her, but sadly one of the chickens were undercooked. We smoked the chicken again, but then, it went astray. Someone took it and we didn't know who.

The barbeque went on until 10.00pm. It was late and I knew my parents weren't used to staying up late, so I called them and went home later. The others stayed at his house and continued to eat and celebrate.

It was a great day. I hope we can do this again. Can we do this again, annoying bastard?

As for what transpired after I left, I've no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment