Friday 17 December 2010

High Blood Pressure!?

My mother bought a blood pressure monitor to determine her blood pressure. Aging people must monitor their blood pressure to detect any early onset of debilitating disease which aging people are prone to. Therefore, my mother is not only neurotic, she's solicitous and most frequently annoying.

But let's talk about the blood pressure monitor. My father is within average range, while my mother's is teetering at the line between high and average. Anyway, I tested mine too. I told my father the result would not be accurate because I just drank a cup of coffee which contains caffein, as infamous drug that increases the heartbeat and blood pressure. Nonetheless, he insisted me to do the test and I obliged, and my result: 135/77. Normal blood pressure is 100-140.

It's high, but good, you know why? With the amount of caffein in my body and my adrenaline-filled blood (I know because my hands were sweating, a lot), my blood pressure was still in normal range. If I didn't take the coffee and I wasn't nervous, my blood pressure would have dropped quite a number. Anyway, the conclusion is - I'm healthy, or at least for now. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment