Friday 2 April 2010

Sukan Tara

The PKKK was very smart, our sukan tara fell on April's Fool. But because it was the day we were having sukan tara, we were mostly occupied with determination to win and we forgot it was April's Fool. If my friends hadn't reminded me I guess I would have forgotten about it too.

About 7.30am, all houses were required to gather their members and ready to get started. I'm a yellow house member and my group was the unlucky one. We started our sport with the energy-consuming 200m run! We ran 200m as warm-up, it's so unfair, the other houses took shot-put or long jump or high jump as their warm-up, but we had been chosen to take 200m.

After that run, I was exhausted because I finished it in 30s. (And I got 2 marks for yellow house).

Chun Wei's brilliant mind: 200m is actually a waste, because our initial velocity is zero, final velocity is zero, displacement is also zero, only time taken is 30s. so substitute them into s=1/2(u+v)t we got 0=1/2(o+o)30.
Haha. xD But don't get it wrongly. The equation of motion is only used for movement of objects on a straight line. 200m is a circle, so equation of motion can't be applied. Please don't get it wrong, it's just a joke.

After 200m it was high jump. I jumped and got 1 mark again. I was afraid I couldn't make it because the last time I jumped, I failed, and that compunction ate me from the inside of my body. Yesterday I got nervous and my leg went weak and I went wobbly. Luckily I succeed and my friends told me I jumped very highly. I didn't know that because I couldn't see how high I jumped.


High jump was risky. Many of them failed to land on the mattress and almost landed on the field, which was solid hard. Khai Wen was one of them, and he shocked the holy hell out of the PS and the teachers. Initially everything was okay and the teacher treated it noncholantly, but when his buddy who jumped from the left nearly banged his head and broken his legs, the PS and teachers freaked out and had the mattress rearranged. Angles were important in high jump, bear that in mind.

Then 100m. Before I ran my heart was pumping vigoriously. Without taking in enough oxygen I ran again, and after that ran my heart had almost exploded. Then something happened, one of the people yelled vociferously and used profanity. The teachers subdued their anger and contemplated and realised the students who had just finished their race might have violated the rule. But then, what else could they do? I got my fourth mark here.

Long jump freaked me out and I didn't get a point. Then shot-put. I threw with energy but then the ball landed right on the line, which meant no marks at all......tt

Then, tug-of-war, the activity everybody was anticipating. Yellow house lost again, how dared they!



After sukan tara, we had our brunch and continued our lesson, and I took rice and bread. During biology lesson, every students needs to team up with a friend to conduct an experiment. Since Jacky was absent, I had to do it solo. And I loved it, a lot! And my results were satisfying too!
That's all about my post. It's late and I had to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment