Friday 19 February 2010

CNY Celebration (Day 2)

Pictures will be posted later. So if you want to see them, please wait patiently. Your patience is much appreciated.



Day 2. I woke up quite early. As I said earlier, I was sharing the room with my uncle, who snored so loudly I had almost tried to flee. But yet, I endured it and slept soundly for only a few hours. I looked at my watch, it was around 8am. I got up, brushed my teeth, and had my breakfast. Most of my cousins were still sleeping. They stayed out late till night, I remembered I saw some of them still facing the computer around 2am.

Then I "borrowed" my cousin's laptop to surf the net.

Then my cousins began to wake up. It was around 10.30am, some 11.30am. They got up, and without eating breakfast, we went to have lunch. I guess that was how the term "brunch" was coined.

Anyway we did nothing much on the second day. We went to my mother's aunt's house. I didn't know the details. Their relationships were extremely complicated. The family tree was so old and tall and highly branched, and I couldn't tell which was which.

My mother's aunt's house (I'm calling her A after this) had a beautiful lawn, but due to the blazing hot sun we didn't stay in the lawn. Instead, we went into the house to banter. Then we had lunch - laksa and pulut rice with curry.

Then we switched on the tv. We turned to AXN, and watched CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and So You Think You Can Dance for 3 hours.

And after that, we left. No angpaus received, sadly.

Then we went to my mother's uncle's house (I'm calling him B after this). He also had a lawn, but to me I liked his most because trees were planted in the yard, and therefore made the house shady.

We entered the house and were greeted by our cousins. I was told that that house was where my mother and her siblings spent their childhood. The building was old, but not rotten.

Then after that, we left to go back to our own house. I was so eager to get back to my house because I had to sweat for the whole day. The weather was killing me. It was boiling in the house, outside the house, almost everywhere, and I hated it so much!!

Anyway, we bid goodbye to our cousins, and began our journey back to our house.

And I reached my house around evening, safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment