Sunday 21 February 2010

Lion Dance

18 February 2010--It was Thursday. I got up from my bed, dazed, groping to get my spectacles. I stretched my legs, and noticed my legs weren't that weak after all. I stumbled down the stairs, sat on chairs, watched the cloak ticked while munching on the biscuits.

"Thursday morning, 8am, at my house. You are invited. Are you interested to come?" The sentence reverberated in my head. I had forgotten to give him a confirmation. I waited anxiously, sms-ing with my friends to get the exact time. Then it hit me, I hadn't been wrong at all.

I called him, confirmed I was going, and went to toilet to brush my teeth.

I changed a shirt. I wasn't sure if I should be doing that. I knew I would sweat much, but I just couldn't pick which shirt to wear. I grabbed one and changed, and headed down to go to his house.

I arrived his house, quite early. 15 minutes ago, Chee Yee told me he was on his way to Yiet Hean's house. But turn out, I was ahead of him. I arrived earlier than him. =='''

The One Fm crew were supposed to be there at 8.00am, but they were cocky. They considered themselves as VIP, and punctuality was not defined in VIP dictionary.

We waited, chit-chat, sweated quite a lot. Yiet Hean's benevolent mother gave us breakfast, and although I had taken mine, I still ate them. We waited for about 1 hour (or maybe "wasted" is a more precise term). Then there they came, in 5 cars.

They were invited to perform lion dance. I had to admit, I hate lion dance. The performance was nothing but waste of time, the cacophony of drums and whatever-that-things-was-called was earsplitting. And I DETEST THAT!! A LOT!!

After that, they had photographs with the One FM crew. I scarpered, because I didn't know who they were. I didn't enjoy photographing with people I didn't know. I scarpered, but my friends took theirs.

Then Yiet Hean's father and an Australian decided to give a try on lion dance. The One Fm crew played the musics, and they did the lion dance. I had to say, kangaroo-style lion dance wasn't a smart decision, but a creative one. xD

Then they left, and I got to hold YH's dogs. The dogs were cute, but naughty. They liked to squeeze themselves out from the cages, although some of them failed to do so. A particular white dog loved to do it the most, and YH and his sister were dreadfully exasperated. Without sympathy, they took a tree branch and began swinging (not cruelly, and no blood seen though). Pity~~but dogs needed lessons too!!

Anyway, after that, the throng began to disperse. Me, Chee Yee and Hong Chyng went into YH's house and talked for a few minutes. CY then had a stomach ache. And although I knew stomach ache wasn't an infection, I was somehow infected and began to feel the pain. Ooch!!!

About 11.00am, my mother arrived there. I bid goodbye to all of them, and sat in my mother's car to go back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment