Wednesday 17 February 2010

CNY Celebration (Day 1)

OK. Pictures will not be posted now. I'll post in later, here in this post. So if you want to see some, please wait patiently. Thanks



Day 1. We began our journey on 11.00am. My father didn't join us, he wasn't someone fond of travelling, not to mention visiting. I'm not casting aspersions upon him here. So...

First we went to Penang and prayed my grandparents. I had forgotten what the place called, but it was the place where one of the Chung Ling's victim ashes were put. I remembered I tried looking for it, but failed to find one. It was hot, the weather was so hot and I sweat so much, almost dehydrated.

My cousins.


I met my cousins there. I wasn't very close to them, due to the age difference. My eldest cousin was 11 years older than me. When I was mature enough to talk to them, they had gone to universities and I barely had a chance to talk to them. Few cousins of mine were Singaporeans, now living in China due to something I didn't want to talk about here. (It's actually I don't know why......)

We were introduced to TDH's (my cousin) girlfriend, Jade Chung. She was a British, she spoke with a strong British accent. She was born in Hong Kong but raised in UK. She was illiterate in Chinese, but fluent in Cantonese. TDH met her in UK while he was studying there. He is now working there as a doctor. God I admired him so much!!!

Then we went to have lunch. The price was so...so expensive. But it's Chinese New Year.

Then we had Cendol.

Then we went to visit my mother's uncle. He was living in Penang too, but he wasn't in the house when we called upon him.



Pictures were taken, but sorry to say I'll upload only this one. Can you find me?



And then, we went to Alor Star, where our rendezvous was. I was dog-tired and I dozed off in the car. When I woke up, it was sunset. The sky was bluish with orange colour. The scene was beautiful, but I hated the traffic.

We arrived at my aunt's place quite late. It was about 7, 8pm I guess. We were invited by my cousins who lived there. My aunt was so keen to have us there and she had transformed her house into a heaven, beautifully decorated with fishes swimming in the pond and dogs in cages and grasses growing around the houses, attracting butterflies.

Our dinner----BBQ. I had to say, the chickens were mostly charred and looked inedible. But who cared? We ate all of them, leaving nothing but plates to be washed.



I wanted to stay out till late night, but my mind insisted me to close my eyelids, and so I forewent the decision and went to bed.

I was asked to sleep with my uncle. I said fine. But......

He snored!! He snored loudly that I could barely relax my muscles. It was like I was in an Orchestra room. Could you believe it?? He snored with musics!!! Musics!!!! God I was suffering so badly!!!!!!!

The next day.......I woke up early, much to my chagrin, and slept on the car.

I will elaborate what I did on the second day in my new post.

No comments:

Post a Comment