Thursday 21 July 2011

Reasons Why I Like Band Formation

Do you know why I'm obsessed with Band Formation? This is because

1) I like the abrupt change of movements or shape. The way they change from one particular shape to another particular image is simply breathtaking.

2) I like how the formation suits the music. It's like dancing to the music, but in a more slow and impressive way.

3) I truly salute all of them for the hard work and time they sacrifice to work out these mesmerising performance. I've been involved in marching competition (simple marching), and yet I had to spend a lot of time to practise. So imagine band competition that takes around 100 people to co-operate, and to play musics in unison, and to walk neatly, flawlessly and to form shapes and images that would overwhelm the audience with amazement and excitement. This takes nearly 6 months and eight hours a day! Ergo, I salute them for their hard-work, for their cooperation, and most importantly, for their unwavering strength to move on, despite all obstacles that tend to shatter their determination and self-confidence. I salute you all!


Natcomp 2011 - Sekolah Tun Fatimah
Watch the percussion part! Jaw-dropping, but alas, not as good as Asma.


Natcomp 2011 - SMK Sultanah Asma
They literally grab away all the awards. No wonder they are the best band in Malaysia - just watch the video.


Natcomp 2011 - SMJK Jit Sin
For the first time, they manage to get themselves into top 5. I love the music (I regret what I said on my earlier post) but the formation was rather inferior and dull. But the precise movements and the neatness certainly deserve some applause, and they definitely have improved.



No comments:

Post a Comment