Sunday 3 July 2011

Annoying People


I went to Queensbay today, and while I was in Popular selecting a reference book I chanced upon a boy who I presumed is sitting for SPM this year. He chose a lot of books, both reference books and exercise books, and then his mother came and talked so much I wanted to slap her.

I can't believe this type of mother - parents, to be precise, because his father is also annoying, but less exasperating than she is - exists. He chose a lot of books for revision, but then his mother said this publication publishes lousy quality/substandard book and she didn't want his son to buy them, but his son said the book was fine. Then her mother said to choose a book he should choose those publications that were at least known by public like Oxford or Pelangi. She said the other publications were not famous, so she conjecture they were of bad quality.

Then the most preposterous thing she said: All he needed to do for Sejarah was through doing past year papers. There was no need to read reference books, just do exercises and he would improve.

And she dragged on and on, and her son was gradually losing his patience and nearly went berserk. I pretend I needed to choose a book, and I stood there listened to their quarrel.

I wanted to interfere with their business and told his mother to shut up! Maybe I should have done so! Even my mother said I should do so (jokingly, of course)!

When she said those about publications, I wanted to say "Shut the F*ck Up!". Books are not about publications, but the authors. So what if the book is published by Oxford but written by a lousy teacher? The reference books I read are not known (as far as I'm concerned, the books that I'm using now are not used by others in my school) and yet I did quite well in my exam.

To choose a book, one needs to compare the content and see who the authors are. Not the publication.

And doing past year papers is enough for SPM examination? Lady, first of all, you know nothing about Sejarah. I know you mentioned you studied Sejarah before in your school life, but obviously you failed your Sejarah very badly and now you came out with a lie so ridiculous no one in the world would buy. Sejarah needs memorisation. You can buy all the exercise books at the bookstore, but you won't get an A if you don't read the textbooks or reference books.

And lady, QUESTIONS THAT WERE TESTED IN PAST YEAR SPM WOULD NOT BE TESTED AGAIN - at least not so soon. You know nothing, and you had the gut to make comments?

Your son is the one studying, let him do what he thinks is the best, okay? Save your dignity by speaking less, your ignorance reflects how bossy and annoying you are in other people's eyes.

The only thing deserved to be mentioned is that the annoying mother's son is filial enough to be patient with his parents. I could clearly see he was extremely irritated and decidedly annoyed, but he didn't raise his voice at all. She doesn't deserve a son like him.


No comments:

Post a Comment