Saturday 5 March 2011

Class Test Around The Corner

Speaking of class test, it's everyone's nightmare. Well, virtually everyone. Who aren't afraid of nightmares? Class test has provoked many people to nearly go crazy - and this is only a class test - and many are still burning the midnight oil - the candle never seems to die off - to prepare and brace themselves for the class test. Ironically, not many are this nervous when mid-year examination lingers around the corner. While most students are teetering on the brink of breaking down, I'm here, my fingers lying on the keyboards, my eyes fixed on the monitor, updating my blog periodically.

Many students are under stress, I'm not saying I'm not, but mine is significantly less than theirs. The way my friends study is totally different from mine, and mine, though not exceedingly effective and working, is much easier and much interesting. This is how I study: I do not memorise facts, I do not memorise the steps, I read until I remember and I write using my language.

The pro is the study is easier, the con is many points are left out, losing some important marks.

The biggest challenge we have is the difficulties in memorising facts, particularly the infamous boring subject - Sejarah (History). The soporific effect is jolly intense, and you can amend the points. The facts are dead, unless overthrown by historians, but the possibility is minute and rather impossible.
Biology is another story entirely. Requiring a student to construct an experiment report without carrying out the experiment is simply ridiculous. It's like asking a doctor to perform a surgery without any surgical tools supplied. Stupid. Chinese language is, as everyone knows, extremely painful and challenging. Modern Maths is a cinch, and others are average. None of the paper is easy to score. Guess we all have to work hard this year! SPM is not something to be messed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment