Thursday 7 October 2010

Queensbay Mall

7 October 2010


This is going to be short.

PMR sucks for third formers, but it definitely brings joy to all form 4 students. As form four students, we are given three days holiday due to the lack of classroom.



As agreed, I'm going to Queensbay Mall today. Initially I thought only 5 or 6 people are involved. But as it turns out, more than 15 people are involved. The first group and the group I joined is 4S4 students while the second group is T class students.

We go there by a bus. The seat is comfortable.

When we reached there the mall is still closed. Guards are dutying outside, forbidding everybody excepts workers from entering. But teenagers are impatient, the T class students 'infiltrate' the mall and we do likewise. It is 15 minutes before the opening time, and nobody is in the mall. So we wandered around, playing hide and seek with the guards. LJX and CCY nearly got kicked out from the mall. Luckily, nothing untowards happen.

Then we go down and grab a meal. By 'meal' I mean 'McDonald'. I am not a fan of fast foods because the foods are exorbitant. Reluctant, I buy the cheapest set they have. But the cheapest food is still considered expensive compared to food outside.

Then we go skating. I pay RM18 for the game. When I first put the...umm.....shoes on, I lost balance. I nearly fell. So does everyone. And you'll never guess how many times I have fell. It hurts. I might have stunted growth later.

After one round, and multiple falls, my leg begins to hurt. So does everyone's. But mine's different. My skin has been rubbed off, and blister grows. I'm pretty sure I'll suffer on Friday. Because of that blister, I cannot continue skating. So sad. So wasting.

They continue to skate until around 1.00pm I couldn't endure anymore. My stomach is basically screaming for food. I tell them I leave (alone) and try to grab a food. I go to Chicken Rice Shop and order chicken rice and pepsi, and the service there deserved endorsement. Their service is good, servants are hospitable.

Shopping alone is, surprisingly, very enjoyable. After I eat I continue to walk around, even though I am alone. I walk to Popular and buy a bottle of water. Cannot find the books I want, I go to Borders instead. While I'm at Borders I found another book which is not in my list, but since I'm not a Borders' member I walk back to Popular.

Ok, if you frequent Queesbay Mall you will realise that I'm a nincompoop. If you don't know why, try to find out why.



At first I wanted to buy Dan Brown's 'The Lost Symbol", but before I pay for it my eyes caught another book. It's Audrey Niffenegger's 'Her Fearful Symmetry'. Every since I read 'The Time Traveler's Wife' I begin to be obsessed with her books.

Eventually I go back to the skating land and CCY says she is hungry. Nobody accompanys her so I agree to keep her company. After her lunch we go to Borders. I'm totally mesmerise by the books there. So many choices. So many books, and the best part is: the books are unwrapped and seats are available.

After that we go to Pizza Hut and meet SYJ and others. They order their lunch while I help them to eat whatever they can't finish. Ok, here's some thing: my wanting for food is insatiable. And no, I don't have a tapeworm. I just have a high basal metabolic rate. Or do I have a tapeworm? Maybe diphyllobotrium latum??? Forget about it.

After that they decide to board the bus, go back to Pacific and enjoy bowling. While me and CCY, afraid of being yelled at and stuck at the annoyingly long traffic jam, we leave around 4.00pm

And CY, you have an effervescent family. I envy your family's effervescence.

No comments:

Post a Comment