Monday 20 June 2016

Grammar Error in Passport?


I was in Kuching airport waiting for my flight when I got bored and perused my passport for absolutely no reason.

One sentence caught my attention "7. A Malaysian citizen who has become or holding any foreign citizenship could be revoked of his/her Malaysian citizenship."

Now, I'm not an expert in English and I have not really studied or used English for quite a while, but if I'm not mistaken, I do not think the word 'holding' is the right tense, and I think there's a missing article.

It's a complex sentence meaning it can be broken down into two simple sentences, which are: "A Malaysian citizen who has become foreign citizenship....", an "a" should be inserted become "foreign citizenship", shouldn't it?

And "A Malaysian citizen who holding any foreign citizenship...", I sincerely doubt "holding" is the appropriate word.

Any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. My thought : "A Malaysian citizen, who has become any foreign citizen, or is holding any foreign citizenship, could be revoked of his/her Malaysian citizenship."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya submit that to the government!

    ReplyDelete