Sunday 19 June 2016

Back To My Comfort Zone

It has only been 24 hours since I came back and I can't really tell how different I am, here in Penang and in Sarawak.

When I'm in Penang, it feels like time really flies. I feel mobile. I feel unrestricted, free, and basically just too comfortable to move.

While I'm in Sarawak I felt that time creeps. I felt a bit claustrophobic. I felt bored. I felt lonely.

Penang is my comfort zone. There is no doubt about it. I have a car, I have everything I kept, I have people I know, I have places where I have fond memories with my friends.

In Sarawak, my hostel room is small. Thus, I felt claustrophobic.

In Sarawak, I do not have a car at my disposal. My movement is severely restrained and I felt restricted. Worse thing is Sarawak's buildings tend to be widely spaced. Security there is also very bad. I dare not walk alone, and walking is also tiring.

In Penang, I feel safe. Buildings are also more densely built and walking is possible.

If I were given a choice, I really would hesitate choose to study in Sarawak again.

I just find Penang too comfortable, I really do not ever want to leave Penang anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Smile, you should explore Sarawak. It is a beautiful place, you see the people are more united than Semenanjung, here we see segregation. U should come out of your comfort zone, the small room the small circle of friends, go visit the long houses (but don't go alone unless you can stand the langkau). Should explore Sarawak before you come back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes sir I definitely will. Sarawak is quite a good place to explore I wouldn't deny, but it's just not some place I think is suitable for me to stay for long. =)

    ReplyDelete