Sunday 15 May 2011

Mid-Year Examination, Day 3

While the two languages were shit, today's papers were the remains of the shit - much better, but still terrible. Paper 1 was okay, at least the questions weren't tough and we could write with our infinite imagination. Paper 2 was moderate. The jargons pertaining to industry flummox all of us. Luckily, the questions are on grammar, so we could answer them if we could block all the jargons out. Information Transfer - as the name suggested - is the part where we transfer the informations from the passage to the questions. There was one question that had me dumbfounded, but it only cost me 1 mark, so I'm fine about that. Comprehension was fine, with a few vocabulary I did not recognise, but the summary was weird. "The description of the event of the jump"?? What description? All there was was the writer's feeling about the jump. Anyway, the answers will be given after the exam, so we'll have to wait. Literature was fine. Overall, the paper did not sit well with me. And I swear to God if I fail my English, I'll lock myself in my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment