Sunday 8 August 2010

Caring Week

Finally, after two weeks of hectic days the climatic day had finally arrived, the day I had been waiting for (try to think why would a glutton waits for this day), but of course, since I was a committee I should know I would not be free. As anticipated, I needed to take a duty--selling yoghurt.

But before that we were busy trying to transport the yoghurts from the lorry to our counter. We were lucky the journey was short, because the yoghurts were hell heavy. You should see what we were doing, it was like hell! And ZJ had to record all the products down, to ensure we didn't lose any money nor gain. None of us had calculators so we had to count, without any papers or pencils to write.

4 big packets of ice were given, and we put all of them into the three big containers provided. I was initially worried the ice would melt, but I was, of course, wrong. Ice had stronger endurance than me. (Stop giggling!) And the ice were freezing I nearly got frostbite.

Before I began my duty I went to eat. It was canteen day!! What's the point of celebrating canteen day if no foods were being stuffed down? I supported my society, unwillingly actually, because my coupons were limited and I wished to eat other things which were more delicious. Scouts made mushroom soup, and the soup was fabulous! Then KPL made spaghetti, way too expensive but mouth-watering.

After that, the overcast weather turned drastic. Torrential rain hit and the fun fairs business were ruined. Scouts were so hardworking they began to make a shelter, although students had taken another path to the room.

Okay. Eating was over and duty had begun. Initially students were only allowed to buy yoghurts by dint of coupons, but coupons were limited and most students refused to buy. So would I if I was a buyer. But then teacher, heart shaken by our sweet-talks, agreed to accept cash. And the business was like GOD! You could not imagine how many bottles we had sold off, Pacific and The Store would be envied to death.

Lucky draw was never meant for me. I didn't pay attention to the numbers announced nor did I keep the number with me. I gave it to someone else, who didn't seem to appreciate.





Oh, later an incident happened. A boy, playing basketball, either he banged his head or the ball hit him or whatever, his head was said to be bleeding PROFUSELY. I am certain he was being rushed to the hospital, or at least an ambulance was called. An accident like this would bring teachers to attention, and students likewise.

After noon we all gathered at centre, and then we were given jobs. My job was to clean the canteen. Then later, GMT (very rare to see a discipline teacher being so benevolent to students) gave us coco-crunch, although I didn't like it.

Then photographing shooting session. Everybody went hysterical and began snapping pictures like children. I took some pictures with friends, and please remind me to not to smile next time. My teeth were horrible. They seriously need some fixing, but...money is an obstacle.

Dwell on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment