Friday 18 June 2010

Leadership Camp, Day 2

I woke up around 5.55am when LCW woke me. I was surprised myself because this was the first time I woke up with just one call. Whenever someone told me to get off my bed I would always tell them: "Give me 5 minutes" and then I dropped off again. Wow this was amazing, I actually woke up in one call!


Then I went to brush my teeth and upon 6.25am all of us were in the hall, where we had aerobics. I hated aerobics. I found it silly. I didn't know what you guys think. What you guys think?

Then we had breakfast--fried mee. OMG when I smelled that box of mee I nearly puked. The food was inedible. It was tasteless. I felt like I was biting strings of flour instead of mee. I tried to finish it but GOD it was difficult to swallow. Many couldn't finish the mee, including me of course, and Derrick told me to stuff them as most of them found the mee difficult to be swallowed too. So I did what he said, and my stomach protested later.

I'm not going to talk about my stomach pain. Forget the pain.

Then we had a speech. I was the treasurer of maths society so I found that useful. Others than that everything was just a waste of time.

Then we had a debate. It was a total waste of time and the debate was boring and tedious and had a way too strong soporific effect. Many had begun to doze off, but I endeavoured to stay awake because those who slept would be photographed. Many of them had the gallantry to speak on the stage. I hated debate. Why? Ok, here's first: the "committees" loved to interrupt. If you wanted us to speak, let us finished what we wanted to speak. STOP INTERRUPTING!! You said you wanted to give us a chance to speak out, let us had the guts to talk to the public, you didn't say you wanted us to learn the way to speak. IT WAS A DEBATE!!! How could we be able to find points if we were only given 30 minutes? Even a profesional needed more than 2 days to debate. STOP INTERRUPTING!!! YOU GUYS SPOILT THE MOOD!!

Secondly, as I had mentioned, what the hell can get facts within 30 minutes? If you can, why don't you go up the stage instead? Seriously you think you can? Oh wait....I remembered TYC from my class was one of the debaters, and he spent how many days to prepare for one topic? Let me think, 2 minutes? 2 days? Oh no~ Wait! IT WAS TWO WEEKS!!! How could one possibly can think out good facts within 30 minutes? And you dared say we didn't have good ideas?????? YOU IDIOTS!!!

THE WORST ACTIVITY CONDUCTED! EVER!!!!!!!

So that "standoff" was a total waste of time, and I was sure somebody else thought that way too.

But anyway, the camaraderie of the debaters should be praised.




Then we bathed had lunch. The food was meagre, but we didn't whine because we knew the results would be the same. Then we had another talk about environmental science. I don't know how many times I had slept, but I knew I wasn't listening to our speaker. Sorry. Her slides shed some light on the talk, but I hated to say the way she delivered her speech was very....very boring.
.
Then we had station game. The best activity of all. Although the weather was scorching, we managed to finish all the games. I felt dog-tired after that, but I guess that was natural. We walked away with 5 prizes, by the way.

Then we had dinner. My group was special because we had dinner first before we hit the shower. The food was okay, but the tomato sauce was way too sour! After dinner we had presentation, where the whole group of people went up to the stage to perform.

Okay. I extrapolated the presentation would be extremely boring. But I had to admit--I was wrong! It was interesting (except my group's presentation, it was lame). We had 5 judges, who had gimlet-eyes that annoyed everybody. Some of them danced, some of them sang, some of them performed drama. And many more.

Then after the presentation (it was delayed for one hour) we were all "scolded" by our committees. At first we were told to turn back and face the doors. They picked on small things and told us to do pumping. I was fine with all of them, although I hated to sweat at midnight. Then they told us to turn back and I saw candles being lit. They had cakes for them who were celebrating their birthday on June. Oh that was a surprise! What a surprise!



Around 12.20am we went to had supper. I saw TSE and my useless teacher SEG. Apparently they hadn't slept and had been monitoring in the school. I never ate the biscuits provided. Then we went back to our hostels and began to sleep. So tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment