Thursday 17 December 2015

Questions To Answer

My friends in university always ask me the same question: What type of girls do you like? Have you not found one you have affection to?

Okay, let me begin by saying something. I have to admit that by choosing to go to Swinburne, I may have landed myself in a totally different world from which I am rightly belong to. I come from a very conservation family, one which tradition is strictly adhered to and breaking one is met with criticism. I have a father who is probably the most antisocial guy you could come across in this universe, and he is a person who not only refuses to accept changes in his routine of many years (since I was born), he is someone who even refuses to even consider having changes, let alone initiating one.

So when I have a different haircut for the first time in my life by ditching my old bald hairstyle and cutting a hairstyle which is no longer round and flat, my father received it with dismay. He could not accept changes, whether it is about him or me. I again come from a family background where social life is rigidly textbook-based. Treating people have to follow textbook. Things are done as in textbook, because my family have very little social contact, or closes themselves in a place where they have no reaching to people of other backgrounds.

I understand this since I was young, and I vow to pull myself out from this deeply rooted family and allow myself to be exposed to whatever world there is, because like it or not, this world is not only about you. You cannot close yourself in a box and refuses to see what's outside, because you don't owe the world. You come to this world, you make your presence noticeable and from that time onward, your life is already entangled with others.

People in Swinburne are mostly rich. I come from a family that was once very poor. And because my parents were very, very poor, I understand why they were treating me this way, and I respect that. But because my parents controlled me too strictly, to the point even now I fear talking something different to them for fear of being criticised, I grew up as a fiercely independent boy.

I am a ferociously independent guy who very rarely relies on my friends. I admit that I very seldom ask for my friends' favour whenever I stumble upon obstacles. I very rarely allow a companion's absence to prohibit me from doing something I wish to do. And because this is how I grew up, I learn to do things in the absence of any companion. And because of this, I don't crave for a partner yet, for now.

This is why I still have no girlfriend.

And because my parents raise me up strictly, and instill me with good discipline and gave me strict upbringing, I have high requirements for the girlfriend I want. The girl I want need not be beautiful or slim (though admittedly, as a boy....hmm), but she must have good characters. A girl that is good at spending money on unnecessary stuffs are out of my list - sadly, my definition of "unnecessary stuff" is extremely, preposterously strict as well - and a girl who lacks independence and maturity are also not my cup of tea. I want a girlfriend who has the independence to think for herself, and someone who has decided that in one's life there needs to be a purpose. I want a girlfriend who knows what she wants for her life, I want a girlfriend who has a goal in her future to achieve, and I want a girlfriend to be my companion and my soulmate, and not become someone who I have to feed. In my opinion, a girl who needs a guy to pay for her meal and buy her stuff is, as stated, a girl. I want a woman, who is mentally sound and physically perfect, is capable of taking care of herself, but needs someone to perfect her life.

And these are my answers to the questions that have been thrown to me throughout the semester.

This type of girl is rare, perhaps already extinct, but I would patiently wait for her to come into my life. I believe it is worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment