Sunday 27 December 2015

蒙面歌王 King of Masked Singer

I chanced upon this singing competition few months ago and I immediately fell in love with it.

I have long abandoned Chinese entertainment industry and thus have no knowledge of any quality, new or famous Chinese singers in the market now.

Maybe I know some from Taiwan, but I definitely do not know a single one from China because they appear to not exhibit interest to market their albums in Malaysia. After all, selling their albums in China alone is more than sufficient to garner incomes to feed generations.

So imagine my excitement when I watch so many quality masked singers singing on stage, and have absolutely no idea at all who they could possibly be.

One of them, 野草 (wild grass), is my favourite. She is definitely the best singer among all of them, and she is now my newest idol.

Not to discredit other singers or say they are inferior, but 野草, who is actually 谭维维, is obviously the best, and one who captivates the audience the most.

Here are some of my favourite songs of hers:



She combined two songs into one.



Try listening to the original version. She modified the song and she covered it very well.

And damn those through this video you can actually tell this lady has what it takes to be world famous!



If you are wondering whether she could sing without trying to "show off", well, this video tells you she could.

She has other great songs as well. 三十岁的女人 (30-year-old woman) is nice. She sang it well, and it was the first song I heard from her that actually made me like her. She covered 映山红 very nice too. Not many singers can make me like all of his/her work whatever he/she sings.

Among other songs I like from the show:



By 黑天鹅, whose real name is 丁当, a Taiwanese singer.



By 追着光阴奔跑的罗拉,who is actually Gigi Leung from Hong Kong (梁咏琪).

Her previous two performance were weak comparatively to other singers, so I admitted I wasn't looking forward to her singing. But this song blew my mind away.

I was wrong. This lady could sing too. And boy, she is a great artist too. I was really, really wrong and terribly misjudged her.



The youngest artist in this whole competition I believe, but one of the best.

It's 张玮, a singer from China.


No comments:

Post a Comment