Tuesday 18 August 2015

Chris Carter: An Evil Mind

I'm a big fan of his book. Ever since I got my hands on The Executioner years ago, I am addicted and keep buying all his books. The sixth book, An Evil Mind, was only recently released (in paperback) and I immediately bought it before it sold off. Seriously, it sold off fast. The sixth book differs immensely from his previous work as this book centres on the story telling of a killer, instead of unravelling mysterious work of a killer and its eventual capture. The killer in An Evil Mind is so far the brightest, but not the sickest. The suspense of the book lacks power, and the twists are no longer shocking. This book lacks what Chris Carter has always managed to offer. Nonetheless the book is still good. Of all six books Chris Carter has published, this is the weakest of all, but I would still say it is way above the average crime novels you can find in the bookstore. Even better than Patricia Cornwell, John Grisham or even Jeffrey Deaver.

No comments:

Post a Comment