Sunday 8 March 2015

Growing Up Is Not A Choice

You realise you have to grow up when you have lost so much and lost something you couldn't possibly regain them.

I do not know why this happens to me, but ever since I was in form 3, I knew one day secondary school will end, and I know by that time I would dearly miss my secondary school life. This single reason prompted me to study form 6 without even considering any other options out there. And so I did, extending my secondary school life for another one and a half year, before officially ending it for good.

Secondary school life, or a school life, is something that once you lost, you could not regain it. I love my secondary school life. It's a life with minimum responsibilities, with greatest and abundance of joy, and with guided journeys to walk.

With increasing freedom comes increasing responsibilities. Graduating secondary school life has its advantages but these come with a price I do not wish to pay for.

Two years on and I still pine for secondary school life. Can't blame me, I lost something I fear losing since many years ago, and it doesn't take short time to forget the wonderful times I had. I miss secondary school. I miss it a lot. And I miss all my friends.

To those of you still in secondary school, treasure your remaining days/years. You'll miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment