Tuesday 28 July 2020

Glitch, Season 3



I've finally finished this marvellous TV series. I've explained how I chanced upon this TV, so I'll skip these and go straight to the main point: the last season, which was released last year. Season 3 has a slightly different tone - the characters are no longer at lost and finding themselves, they are now trying to move on. There are also two more risens: a Chinese immigrant and a girl murdered by a religious freak. Season 3 does not have a focus, but each character is given a centric episode. James, the protagonist, has very much less screen time. He no longer becomes the friendly person as he himself dies and comes back from the dead with only one mission as the enemies did in the first two seasons. I guess for a show like this, the ending is expected: everybody has to die. Whatever dies has to remain dead, or it risks upsetting the natural balance. I guess this is the gist of the show. Anyway, awesome show. Glitch shows that Australia can indeed produce good television drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment