Saturday 5 July 2014

Gift

So I left the office and found the fairly naughty boy roaming around. He saw me and immediately he turned around and called for his buddy, and he began to appear nervous, as if something huge was coming. My instincts told me something was wrong - nobody reacted that way when they bumped into a teacher. Why would they?

So he caught up with his friend on our way up, and upon turning a corner I caught a glimpse of the class. Several people were out the class, apparently peeking at where I was. Upon catching sight of me, they nervously turned back into the class.

So the two "guides" guided me to the front of the class. The classroom door was closed tight, and so was the back door. I knew when I pushed open the door, something was bound to transpire. Something perhaps unpleasant but it definitely was going to be unexpected as I wasn't prepared for anything unforeseen.

I moved a bit further to attempt to see what was happening behind the door. I saw nothing, but a class of students sitting silently in the class as if something sudden was going to abruptly materialise anytime soon. The back door was shut tight. I was forced to enter through the front door. I pushed open the door without stepping in, and I saw the students sitting on their chairs without moving or talking, and a guy standing right behind the door. I actually thought they were going to pour me a bucket of water, or to throw thrashes at me. But turned out I was merely too imaginative. The moment I stepped inside, I was hit with something, and the class broke into screams. I got momentarily flabbergasted and turned to see what had hit me - and there it was, the Stitch, lying on the floor in a bag with a collection of signature.


                           


I had to admit, I was stunned for a moment and didn't know what had actually happened and how to react. Perhaps my momentary lack or devoid of response and unintentionally offended several students as my response was, at the moment, inappropriate and incongruous. I am deeply sorry for that. It took me a while to catch up with what had happened, and a feeling of elation began to brew, and burst, though I had smartly suppressed it.

I was touched. To be given a duty to d something you have not much confidence in, but to be somehow rewarded for your effort of trying is indeed a feeling that is beyond describable. The best feeling in this world is to be felt appreciated, especially after you have tried your best very to accomplish something you never thought you could have done, and you thought you have failed.

Thank you, 2A2! I will never forget all of you, for your warmth, for your sincerity, and for your surprise. The biggest surprise in my life! =)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Danny! It's good to see that you're still updating your blog after a while you're MIA. :)

    So, what did you do to those students of 2A2 that makes you deserved the delightful surprise? From the looks of it, it sounded like you mentored them somewhere in the past,no? Nevertheless, judging from the fact on how they treated you, it seems like you're a congenial person for whatever things that you did for them. ''What makes everyone happy makes you happy''....

    On the side-notes: My progress in Form 6 studies seems to be slower thus far, which is bad for me... Particularly for my PA. From all of the response and guides that I got, most of my peers simply told me to memorize all the stuffs and just treat it like our SPM history.

    Physics and Chemistry is getting more tougher and abstract by the moment and I realized that all I'm able to do lately is only completing the homework given by teachers. I don't even have the time to recapitulate and revise for both of them. For Maths T, so far so good....

    Now it becomes more obvious to me on why they labelled it one of the most toughest pre-u exams globally...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am working as a part time teacher at the moment, and am glad I am appreciated a little. haha =)

      Well, since you have only begun form 6, give yourself some time. It took me 2 months to cope with STPM level studies (August). Give yourself the necessary break, alright? Don't overwork. Good luck! =)

      Delete