Saturday 12 July 2014

Dragon

You know,
if you want a child who is well-behaved,
a child who grows up the normal he should,
a child that would be obedient, polite, and not at all rude,
don't give birth in the dragon year.

All I can see now is that dragon year babies are badly spoilt
by parents who are superstitious
who thinks that they bring good fortune or luck to the family
and who thought they would be active instead of passive.

Owing to that many people have chosen to give birth in dragon year,
and due to that we have too many students in a school for that year's intake,
and due to that one class would contain too many students,
and due to that discipline is extremely hard to control.

Exacerbated by the fact that they are overly protected,
it makes them very hard to control in the school,
and very hard to have discipline and manners instilled.

Don't give birth in dragon year,
if you love your children.

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow!!! Danny, did you just spy on one of my siblings?? 0_0 It's because what you've pointed out is correct. One of my siblings(I won't disclose specifically on who she/he is) was born on the Year of Dragon(in year 2000).

    The said sibling was quite versatile and proficient in terms of academics and sports, to the point where my elder brother and I couldn't match up to him/her. He/She participated in many indoor/outdoor activities and I couldn't agree more with my parents regarding the fact that he/she was totally different from all of my other family members. Ergo, all of us regarded him/her as a prime member in our family, or so we thought...

    But,as he/she got into the primary school, his/her life totally changed. His/her attitude, qualities, and prowess in terms of academics or non-academics stuffs isn't the same as when she was in kindergarten. It was clearly a 360 degrees shift of personality, attitude and qualities for him/her.

    Long story short, that was the turning point on where my brother and me shone in our respective life. You see, all of the positive things that he/she displayed earlier in life was just brief. And I mostly blame my father to this day concerning her huge ''shift'' that she had. He spoiled and pampered him/her, and treated him/her differently that my brother and I.

    He thought that he/she alone would be the best sibling out of the 3 of us and now it's sad to say that all of his expectations and hopes have gone down the drain.

    Now, I don't primarily prevent any mom from giving birth in dragon year, but, please do not pamper or spoil them, no matter in which year. The idea of the child to shine and be the best in his/her early years doesn't necessarily reflect the same when the said child grows up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have first hand experience dealing with them, so I observed something quite valuable. I dare say I wouldn't ever want a dragon child in the future. So sorry to hear about your sister. She's now an adolescent, so it's natural she has a temper. Hopefully she'll be alright in the future. =)

      Delete