Thursday 24 January 2013

Life

Sometimes it just tickles. Life. What is life? It appears simple, and yet so complicated. Life is robust, and yet malleable and fragile. Life is long, and yet so short.

When one ends his life, what happens to him? Does his life span simply meet the end, or does he move on to another place where nobody breathing has ventured? Does spirit really exist? Are apparation genuine or are they simply an easy excuse created by men to explain the happenings after one dies?

I have been oddly sentimental, and therefore I appear to show no emotions but accept all. When one of my friends say they lost their friends in a freak accident, I felt a bit despondent, and suddenly I remembered a friend of mine who died of blood cancer few years ago.

It seems weird to have a memory triggered by another of the same kind.

Her name was Jia Jia. She was a (quite) close friend of mine when I was in primary school. We had been in the same class for about one or two years, and I remembered she was big and awkwardly tall for a girl.

Childhood memory is hard to recall. When we finished UPSR and moved on to secondary school, we parted. She went to JD, while I went to Jit Sin. We had lost contact since.

But then one day, during 2008, a friend of mine told me she had died of blood cancer. I was shocked. I had lost contact with her for two years and yet the news was still a strong bombshell. It appeared sudden to me, to have a friend gone owing to illness. She must have suffered for long before she took in her last breathe.

When I received the news, I was literally sombre for the whole day. Knowing that you have lost a friend is not a knowledge you can easily digest, no matter how close he is to you.

Lesson: Appreciate everyone around you, for you have no knowledge on when they'll leave. Try to do more deeds, for life is short and changes are abrupt. Try to show your love to everyone, for when tragedy happens you'll have no more chances to radiate love to those who you dearly care. Never gamble with your life, for life is not something that's redeemable when it's lost.


No comments:

Post a Comment