Monday 21 January 2013

Birthday

January 20th is my birthday. It fell on Sunday this year so I got to stay at home and enjoy my birthday.

As expected, my facebook wall is loaded with birthday wishes. Thank you friends. I am happy with all the wishes.

Firstly, Tungtungfish came back without informing anyone. He met up with me, Min Huang and Jackie on Jusco. It had been a long time since we last met! We chatted for about 2 hours, and I had to leave for my family wanted to bring me out for dinner. Having a chat with friends when you've not met each other for a long time was very warm and exciting. And thank you three of you for remembering my birthday even though there was no indication before the actual date.

My family had a dinner together the night before in Seoul Garden. My mum never went there before and was both curious and excited of having a meal there. Saturday night price was exorbitant, but I guess it was pretty worth it. My father rarely agreed to have a meal at a restaurant, much less one which is incredibly expensive.

My friend, Wei En, suggested to celebrate my birthday while another friend, Yun Sheng, suggested Jusco. I was having a paradoxical feeling: I couldn't sure whether what I felt was indifference or excitement. Indifference was probably my nature. I seldom get emotionally influenced or motivated but yet the notion of celebrating my birthday was pretty exciting because I have not celebrated my birthday with my friends before, partly because I was an extreme introvert and because I never found my birthday a tad enjoying, albeit I couldn't decipher why I never get excited on my birthday despite having none horrible incidence.

So we went to Jusco with another 9 friends. One friend bought me a gift. I decided not to open there because frankly I did not know what was the appropriate response, so I responded by acting like I knew what I should do, and it turned out Bobo and Cian Li bought me a blue bottle! You might think it was an ordinary one, but the reason I am truly touched is because they knew I lost one, and I now they bought me another one in replacement! Thank you guys. Then Kuan Chiet bought me a cheese cake. I was pretty flabbergasted but I accepted it with ebullience. The only bummer that night was that we were seated in different tables for our first meal.

We therefore had a second meal later at McDonald's, where one of them, I couldn't remember who (sorry! ==) sang a birthday song to me and the others did likewise. Thanks Eric, Yun Sheng and Wei En.

It was a small celebration, yet extremely meaningful and memorable.

The next day, Chin Sheng came to my house and delivered me a pack of present with my friends' signature on it. I was sincerely touched because nobody has ever given me anything so beautiful before. Inside the package was a pink t-shirt that was bizarrely neatly folded. Thank you friends.

Thank you guys, my friends, my family, for all the wishes and gifts you have munificently given me. This year birthday was the best ever.

I love you all. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment