Wednesday 2 May 2012

Change

Just admit it - people get lazy. Not because you've nothing to do, but because you've done something so long that you've grown bored.

Okay, having nothing to do might be a reason. But not a big one.

So I've ended my part-time job. I've learnt a lot of things in the past 3 months, and I'd visited 11 schools. After making comparisons and doing evaluation, I have come to the conclusion that my school is still the best.

I called it 'love'.

But the truth is, I have got used to it, and cannot actually adapt myself to SMK.

The schools that I have visited are all in Penang except one that is located in Sungai Petani.

And I have also visited two Independent Schools, one that is closely connected and had historic relationship with my current/past/soon-to-be secondary school, and the other is an International School - not because it provides international education, but because the students in the school are from various countries.

The transition is probably the biggest in my life - from working to studying, I probably wouldn't have a second chance to experience this transition because the next would probably be the opposite. The biggest lesson I have learnt is that studying is better than working, and ergo I've grown to realise I ought to appreciate my schooling life, which leads to my firm decision to persue form 6 in my secondary school.

Recently The Star has just commented on the wrong perception youngsters have. They have the mindset to get a degree fast, and after SPM they would love to continue their study without taking a break.

I agree with what the writer said. Sometimes, we need a rest. We need to experience a change so that we learn something we couldn't learn in textbooks.

Academic performance really is nothing. If you get 4A* for A-Level, but yet lack leadership, rationale or the ability to perform a task correctly, 4A* will be merely a display. Practical is what matters the most, and thanks to my job, I've realised it and will make sure I perform well.




No comments:

Post a Comment