Sunday 3 April 2011

Illicit Act

If you think buying cigarettes is unorthodox or obscene, try this: selling cigarettes to underaged children discreetly. I chanced upon this illicit act when I was queeing up buying something at a driving school. The two boys in front of me who were looking a little nervous and the woman sitting on a chair by the counter made some contact I did not decipher, and later the woman took out a box of cigarette and took out a cigarette, threw it on the table, and took RM1 from the boy. The other boy requested 2, and paid RM2 for them. A lighter was tied at the counter, and they lit their cigarette there. Selling cigarette to underaged children is strictly prohibited in Malaysia, and their illicit act is highly condoned. If they are caught by the police, they'll be charged and the prosecution is undoubtedly severe and painful. Maybe I should have exposed them to the police, but I don't have the guts. Hopefully someone will bring their action to light, and give them punishments for violating the law.

No comments:

Post a Comment