Sunday 24 July 2022

July 2022

 It's incredible how time flies so quickly. It's now the 2nd half of 2022, and we're just past the mid-third quarter of the year.

This year has been great so far. In the beginning of the year, Omicron was fresh and new and excited to spread its roots, and naturally I wasn't spared. Despite getting my booster in January (and disappointed I had no significant side effects and hence unable to claim any MC to get a break from work - I purposely chose to get my booster on a Sunday evening anticipating strong debilitating reaction on Monday), I was infected with covid-19 in March. It's likely Omicron, though no specific tests were performed, because my symptoms were so mild, I didn't test it until I just thought, oh, fuck it, I was in the office, let's just test it, and I saw a dark T line on the kit.

It was uneventful for me. Had a great week off.

Then, I went back to Penang for a month. I realised I haven't updated the subsequent parts - I'll do so when, well, I'm in the mood to do so. But returning to Penang a month makes me realised that I actually can survive in Penang. I tracked my finances, and I projected that I would be able to live comfortably if I have to. But the problem is, Penang isn't fertile with jobs I like, and I like the outdoor environment in Singapore that Penang does not offer.

I'm become a lot more physically active, because Singapore is such a great place for you to try to be physically active, and I seize on that opportunity because, why not?

Disney+ has not been a worthwhile subscription all the time, but it's not all lost. I paid SGD119.90 for a number of shows that don't seem like a very good investment, but to be honest, I would probably renew it next year. It doesn't harm to support the company a little for some entertainment I could get, even though it leans on the pricey side that makes piracy seems like a wasted, free stuff.

I've decided to treat myself a little better and take myself out to the movie. Most of my friends don't really share my excitement for movies. They rather stream at home. And most of them are more materialistic - they rather splurge on food, alcohol and attires, but I prefer the experience over materials. So far, I've watched 6 movies in Singapore. Despite being a GV member, I had not utilised any benefits, because watching a movie on Monday and Tuesday just don't feel right despite needing to pay only half the ticket price.

I've signed up for Standard Charted Singapore Marathon. I was hesitant at first, but at that time I decided that I should at times be impulsive. I registered and paid without rationally thinking further. Being rational can sometimes be a problem, and I do not want this to be one of the problems.

Well, 2022, let's make it eventful. Five more months to go, and I'll be looking forward to making my five more months more colourful. I'm pushing 30, it seems sad, but perhaps it's a reckoning - time's not in great supply. Seize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment