Tuesday 18 January 2022

Booster Shots

Singapore says everybody who has completed the full vaccination regime has to receive a booster shot five months after completion, else they'll be considered unvaccinated if no boosters are received within 270 days. Needless to say, without that criteria, I would have got a booster anyway. It's not like it cost money - it was free. Nonetheless, Singapore's study shows that Moderna vaccine is more superior than Pfizer, which is an already very superior vaccine. The results is that many people, being a typical kiasu Singaporean, want Moderna as the booster even if they received Pfizer. For me, I got Moderna, both doses. The CC I went had since shut, but thankfully a new centre opens in Bishan, so I got my booster in Bishan. Yes, I stick to Moderna. Lots of people I know switched to Moderna. Moderna is more robust, with many who had no effects from it suffering from debilitating side effects after boosters, particularly for those who received full Pfizer doses earlier. For me? Well, I think the first dose drove my immune system into overdrive. This booster shot hit me milder than the 2nd dose - I literally had no side effects, except a little, subtly swollen lymph nodes, and perhaps fatigue (but I blamed it on a Monday blue). Otherwise, no chills, no fever, no palpitations, no ache, no pain, nadda. Booster for me was a swim. Anyway, hopefully this is the last - this has got to stop, it's getting ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment