Sunday 16 August 2020

One Direction - History


I'm only aware this is the last music video One Direction released, without Zayn too. It's a fitting farewell song. 

I guess since Zayn left, they know it wasn't the same anymore, and so they just went on a hiatus.

I'm not a 1D fan, but I did listen to a lot of 1D songs since 2010 hence even though I'm not a fan, their music was influential to me.

I was aware Zayn Malik left, but I never knew what happened next. To be honest, I didn't even realise they are on a hiatus.

I don't blame them. I'm pretty sure Zayn has his reasons for leaving 1D even though he has been portrayed as being very happy in the band.

I myself have gone through a few phases of my life, and in each of them I repeatedly found myself needing to escape and move on to the next phase.

But when I've moved on to the next phase, I yearn for the last. When we have lost something, when we are already in a different situation and have moved on, we tend to remember only what made us happy, and not what made us wanted to move on. That's just life. Our brains are structured to remember only the happiness.

They were young. They hadn't found what they really wanted. Five years down the road, someone had. And they bid goodbye.

We all always want things to be the same. But we always never appreciate what we have, until we lost it.

1D is not coming back, guys. Few years down the road, I'm starting to miss listening to their songs on the radios. But let's admit it - time has changed. 1D members have each found what they want, and the boy band will not return. Not so soon.

I'm pretty sure all of them, including Zayn, want to go back to how it was. But everyone is different now. There's just no going back anymore.

If they were to re-assemble later, it would be many years later where many of us would already have teenage kids. I would be looking forward to it.

Anyway, night guys. I also miss a lot of my past. I can't go back to them anymore. But it's fine. Let's move on.


No comments:

Post a Comment