Thursday 25 June 2020

Top of the Lake: China Girl


Top of the Lake: China Girl
 is the second season of the series, and currently the last, despite being aired in 2017. Honestly, the first season was kind of boring. I knew most people prefer the first over the second, rather overwhelmingly, but to me the first was boring. I remembered getting bored, wanting to end it as soon as possible because the progress was slow. Perhaps it just wasn't my cup of tea. The first season was filmed and set in New Zealand, but the second in Sydney, Australia. Well, Elisabeth Moss's Australian accent still sounds peculiar, incongruous actually. But otherwise, I like the second season so much better. The storyline is good, I actually was hooked on and wanted to finish the series. The ending though was a bit anti-climatic, and justice hasn't been served, but I guess the point of this series is that not all crimes are always met with justice. One thing though: They are not China girls. They are Thai. Not all Asians are Chinese. Otherwise, awesome series. Love it. Couldn't wait for a third season.

No comments:

Post a Comment