Saturday 7 December 2019

Jumanji: The Next Level

Well, luckily for us in Malaysia/Singapore, Jumanji: The Next Level has a releasing date that precedes the US/UK. I only knew the movie was a hit when I was little (which means in the 1990s) but I did not know there was a reboot/sequel 2 years ago and I certainly did not know this movie is the sequel to that. Anyway, I'll get straight to the point: the movie is good, exciting and the actors are fabulous. They - spoilers alert! - wonderfully play out different characters superbly and they gave colour I did not foresee. Plot wise it was rather hollow with no real storyline, but it did not really bore me. Only three challenges for two hours was quite a let down but each challenge was unique and exciting on its own so I'll try not to complain much about it. Anyway I thought the movie started rather slow, but at the end it was alright. Would give it a 4/5.

p/s I watched it at Emperor Cinema at R&F Johor. It's a newly opened theatre and, though the ticket price was a bit pricey, the seat was incredibly comfortable with reasonable legroom (you'll be surprised how some cinemas have their seats so closely spaced it bothers me that my legs can't stretch out comfortably) and good sound system.

No comments:

Post a Comment