Thursday 16 March 2017

The Girl On The Train

It has been a while since I am so engrossed in a novel. I know it's not a new novel but I didn't realise it was a hit until the movie went on screen only a year after the novel was published. So I bought a copy of it using BB1M last year, but put it aside for a considerable amount of time due to lack of free time to enjoy myself. So I started reading it at the beginning of this new semester, and within days I finished the book. It's fast for my speed, because I am mostly busy with a lot of other stuff. The use of unreliable narrator is awesome. Novel like this is hard to come by, and I haven't read one since The Time Traveller's Wife, another extremely awesome book that, if you haven't read it, I strongly recommend you to grab a copy and read it. Trust me, it's awesome. The suspense in The Girl on the Train isn't the strongest I've ever read (the champion still goes to all of Chris Carter's novels and at current rate it's comfortably sitting at number 1 with the number 2 lagging behind at a humongous distance), but it's good enough to keep me wanting to know what happens next. It's an awesome novel, and I hope novels like this could be published more.

No comments:

Post a Comment