Friday 10 March 2017

New Semester

The next semester has begun, and so far it seems quite okay even though I have been pre-warned that this semester is going to be very heavy. I'm taking four units as usual, but one of them is a Master Course unit which I am taking as an elective. It's Construction Law, and so far it seems okay because it is not an engineering unit but a management unit, which means that it should be more on reading and reviewing than calculating and designing. I'm also taking Geomechanics, the long-due unit on foundation design. So far it's all about rocks, and the only question I have in my mind is: Why the hell are there people who are interested in rocks? Transport Engineering is boring, but since it's supposed to be harder than Road Engineering, the prerequisite unit which I took last semester and was hellish, I do not expect it to be any much better this semester. Structural Design of Low Rise Buildings focuses on timber and masonry units, and since the assignments are not as heavy load as Design of Concrete Structures and Design of Steel Structures, I guess I can cope with it. Anyway, another phase of no-life begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment