Saturday 28 January 2017

The Year of the Rooster

And so it's the time of the year again! It's the time of the year where the definition of life is simply to eat, sleep, watch tv, binge on cookies and unhealthy food that give you unnecessary calories and fats, playing, and lastly, receiving angpaus! It's basically the only time of a year you are allowed to throw away your diet in favour of health-wrecking activities. It's the year of the rooster this year, and since I was born in the year of a rooster, this is basically my year! Well, there's really nothing much about CNY this year. My cousins are all spread over the year and since my mother's side of grandparents have long joined the angels in heaven, a reunion has not been held and sibling visits have been largely limited to those who live nearby. It's just a break for me, as my family isn't exactly traditional and we do not observe strict superstitious rules other people adhere to. Well, whatever it is, it's a new year nonetheless. And most importantly, it's a break from all the busy at work! Happy Chinese New Year guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment