Sunday 15 January 2017

Revisiting High School

I went back to SMJK Jit Sin yesterday after my friend invited me to return for a visit. Things have changed a lot. The school now has its own 24 season drum society and a Chinese traditional dance team. The toilets have been upgraded. Restaurants and kopitiams outside Gate 3 have mushroomed and students are now literally spoilt with choices. Back when I was studying there barely was a shop operating outside Jit Sin. Lots of teachers have retired, and those that haven't are showing some changes - ageing. We are all ageing. Going back to my high school in 2017 wearing 2011 Graduation Year shirt just hit me how much time have elapsed. Teachers who have become my friend because I was doing temporary teaching there, thankfully, remembered me and it was always great to catch up. Time has changed. Things are different. But it always feels home at a place where it once was your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment